Wednesday, February 15

Chocomania Fail

Chocomania was supposed to be this winter's revelation, but I've rarely encountered such a strange smell in a Body Shop butter before. 
I swear I was so excited when the 'chocolaty' launch was announced that I literally could not go to sleep for days. I thought, like a hopeless chocolate consumer that I am, that I was about to encounter my new signature scent. 
Alas, the wicked Body Shop makes an offer I could not refuse and, for 48 hours only, they propose free shipping on Chocomania butters two weeks before its official release. So I buy it. 

If you already own the Cocoa and Shea moisturizers, then know this: Chocomania is a failed combination between these two! I am not saying that it smells disgusting - hell, even I use it now (sure I do, I'm now £9 poorer)  - but come on, people! Where is your imagination?! Why would I want to repurchase something that already reminds me of two of your other products? Ha?! 
And explain this! Why would you even bring up that fact that it offers a 48 hour hydration?! Why would I want to skip my shower so many times in a row?! 

I honestly don't know if I read a truly happy bunny's review on this one, guys.
Is there anybody in this world that will actually sob when this range goes off the market?

Yours truly, 
The Deceived Editor

4 comments:

  1. Haha what a good post! I already moaned about the lip butter on my blog some time ago. Im so disappointed not only by the smell but virtually by the whole product. I dont even use it because it makes my lips flake. But for £4 I at least wanna look at it for a bit on my shelf lol So for me no crying in my pillow for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come and see an international giveaway on my blog -- the prize is a one year subscription to Vogue US magazine. :)

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.com/2012/02/international-giveaway-one-year.html

    Xoxo, Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @tereza: oh, tereza, i am sorry you fell in the body shop trap too! :P but i do agree, they sort of messed it up this time!

    @victoria: done, victoria! hope i win! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so disappointed by this line :/ I'm a chocoholic too and I expected this to smell divine, but no.. I didn't like the scent at all! I'll stick to my beloved Coconut body butter :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete